Please find below top 10 tips to help you maximize your enjoyment at Doors Open Aurora.
- Plan your Doors Open Aurora visit ahead of time. Pick up maps and brochures ahead of time or visit the website.
- You don’t have to be a heritage expert to enjoy a Doors Open adventure. Select sites that interest you most. Doors Open allows you to tour stunning sites that may not normally be open to the public free of charge!
- Confirm the dates and times your chosen sites will be open. Most sites are open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – allow plenty of time for visits, tours, meeting friends, lunch, taking photos, refreshment breaks and travel time.
- Allow enough time to travel between sites. If you have special needs or are touring with children, allow more time.
- Plan to visit a maximum of five to eight sites a day – more than that and you are rushing. Most site visits take 30 minutes. You may have to wait to get into the more popular sites.
- Some sites may offer guided tours, special lectures or exhibits. Confirm the length and time of tours so you can schedule them into your day and not be disappointed.
- Ask questions. Volunteers are very happy to answer your questions.
- Thank community volunteers for giving their time to open these fascinating sites.
- Enjoy other places of interest in Aurora, enjoy lunch in a nearby restored heritage structure, buy a souvenir or gift or take a walk in an older neighbourhood.
- Most of all ... have fun!
Note about photography: Some restrictions may apply. Check with the host community before visiting.